Avkin partners with institutions around the United States to offer simulation workshops with Contact Hours available. Please see the FAQ below for more information. If interested in hosting a workshop, please click the Host a Workshop button.
What is the agenda?
9:00am: Welcome, Networking, Registration
9:30am-10:30am: Workshop Topic (options below)
10:30am-11:00am: Product & SP Showcase
11:00am-12:00pm: Lunch, Catered by Avkin
12:00pm-1:00pm: Workshop Topic (options below)
1:00pm-1:30pm: Wrap Up, Tour of your Simulation Center
Who are the educators?
Our CEO and Founder, Amy Cowperthwait (University of Delaware) - Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Nurse Education Specialist Kim DeYoung (Kankakee Community College) - Curriculum Vitae (CV)
From what educational institution do you offer Contact Hours?
All Contact Hours are approved through the Delaware Nurses Association and require no additional paperwork.
Could you provide a detailed outline of each topic?
We offer 2 topics per workshop. Kindly provide us with the ones you are most interested in and we will provide a detailed outline.
- Best Practices for Starting an Affordable SP Program
- Simulation with Millennial's - How Does It Change Things?
- How to Modify your Current Simulations to include Simulated Participants
- Educating your Simulated Participants Correctly, the First Time
- Hybrid Simulation - What Is It and Why Should you Be Considering It?
- Maximizing the Debriefing Process - The Essentials to Patient Centered Feedback
- The Down & Dirty of Debriefing: Looking at the Why, What, Where, When & How
- Getting Started with Simulation Enhanced Interprofessional Education
- Help Me Think Like a Nurse, Please! Tools of the Trade to Increase Critical Thinking Skills
- Simulation and Compassionate Connected Care
What is the length of time for each topic?
50 minutes - 1 hour
What kind of support do you require from the host institution?
Very little is needed. Space to host the event, eager participants, and inviting your friends and colleagues. If you have additional resources to help in marketing the event, that is welcomed, but not required.
How many participants would you need?
We would prefer a minimum of 3-4 participating institutions with a minimum of 10 attendees. Average attendance would be 20-25 attendees. Maximum attendance depends on the amount of space we have to work with and can be set by the host institution.
What type of facilities are required?
Space large enough to host a minimum of 10 attendees. A simulation center close by is preferred.
What are the approximate calendar dates that would be required?
This is up to the host institution as long as the Avkin team is available. We suggest scheduling at least 2 months in advance in order for the best outcome. We are also open to combining this workshop with regional/state simulation group meetings, conferences, and get togethers.